Sunday 30 December 2012

CVC #6: Ruler of The Realm Vs Keys to the Demon Prison

Welcome to the brand new segment I like to call CVC, short for Cover Versus Cover. Basically I give you two covers, a short analysis - as well as the authors name. Based on that- you'll vote for the cover you think best. The polls will close early Friday Morning. And on Friday afternoon you'll come back to this post to see your voting results. (they'll be posted on the bottom). 4  more CVC's to go people! our seasonal winner is not so far away!  This weeks contestants are The Faerie Wars and Fablehaven!

1) Ruler of the Realm, by Herbie Brennan is (quite literally) magical, Right at the center you have a glowing translucent talisman with a gold chipped border. The main focus point! If you look a little back you can see how the jewel in the talisman blends in with the outer background of the cover, only intercepted once again by the gold rimming which brings your eye to the center. Make no mistake, the blue jewel in the talisman is not for simple decoration, its hazy clarity adds a nice modern glass feel to the cover, making it appeal to you at the local book store.
2) FableHaven! (anyone noticing the Fairy theme here?) FableHaven written by Brandon Mull has a pleasant fiery chaos theme to the cover, right at the front you can see one of the Queen's royal fairies gleefully flying away from the door to the demon prison. Another thing: The gold-red color scheme is really working here on FableHaven, everything from the tip of his spear, to the bricks on top are cast in the shimmery red glow of the fire. truly explosive. 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the book covers you see on this CVC post, However I am using them under the fair use act. Under fair Use I am allowed yo use these images as long as I am: Providing commentary (which I am) and or Providing criticism (which I am). Under fair use I must show where I have acquired these images from, you can find where I get these images from by clicking the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment